Radio in Peru
Photos & Graphics
Photos from Takayuki Inoue Nozaki
Check the articles section (link above) for some great articles about these stations!
- Radio Horizonte, Chiclayo.
- DXer Takayuki Inoue Nozaki being
interviewed at Radio Horizonte, Chiclayo.
- Radio Naylamp, Lambayeque.
- Studio at Radio Naylamp, Lambayeque.
- Plaza de Armas in Pucara, Jaen Province.
- Radio Pucara 1190 kHz.
- Radio Studio Uno in Pucara.
- Radio El Sol, Pucara.
- Small transmitter of Radio El Sol.
- Studio of Radio El Sol.
- Plaza de Armas in Aramango, Peru.
- Antenna of Radio Ondas del Rio Maranon, Aramango.
- Entrance to Radio Ondas del Rio Maranon.
- Radio Uno, Chiclayo, Peru.
- Inside sign at Radio Uno, Chiclayo.
- Studio at Radio Uno, Chiclayo.
- Transmitter at Radio Bahia, Chimbote, Peru.
- Entrance to Radio Bahia.
- Transmitter console at Radio Bahia.
- Radio Ancash The station heard
on 4991 kilohertz.
- City of Cajamarca
36k jpeg photo of the city of Cajamarca taken from an overlooking
hillside. Radio Cajamarca is located in a small building across the
street from the right side of the plaza. Radio Nuevo Continente is
one block back from the far side of the plaza. It is
next door to the tall building which sticks up on that street. The
tall building is the Hotel Jusovi, where we stayed while in
- Radio Cajamarca A local MW
station that was active on shortwave in the early-mid 1980s.
The doorway in the building to the left leads back into an old Inca
stone room. This is reputedly the room which Atahualpa, the Inca emperor, ordered his subjects to fill with gold in order to gain his release from from his Spanish kidnappers. The Incas filled the room with gold, but Pizarro reneged on his promise and executed Atahualpa anyway before continuing on to conquer the Inca empire.
- Radio ChotaThe station now on 4890 kilohertz. In the mid-80s, when this photo was taken, their shortwave
frequency was 6296 kHz.
- Radio CutervoA black & white photo
of Radio Cutervo, sometimes active on 5661 kHz.
- Main street, Cutervo, Peru. Radio Cutervo is to the right with two men in front of the doorway.
- Radio Ilucan, Cutervo, Peru
Most recently active on 5678 kHz.
- Transmitter at Radio Moderna. Radio Moderna broadcast on 4300 kilohertz from Celendin in the early 1980s. Several other stations have since used 4300 kilohertz with what is believed to be the same transmitter.
- Radio Continental The
Arequipa station on 6055 kHz. 30k jpeg. 1985.
- Radio Bambamarca
As the sign implies, the station is located on this
second floor balcony. 36k jpeg. 1985.
- Plaza in Arequipa
The plaza in one of Peru's most beautiful cities. 33k jpeg. 1985.
- The Church on the Plaza
Station Logos & QSLs
|Best of this Site
|General DX Info
This website is maintained by Don Moore,
Association of North American Radio Clubs
DXer of the Year for 1995.